Four Jobs I've Had:
None of these are particularly exciting, but collectively they are surprisingly diverse.
- Cleaner. During high school I used to clean the office of one of the newspapers my Dad managed. Not a particularly interesting job, but it provided me with a bit of pocket money.
- English Tutor. During university I tutored three students from Primary and Secondary school in English. I ended up hating this job and deciding I would NEVER like to be a teacher.
- Apprentice Bookbinder.
Four Movies I Can Watch Over And Over:
There are many others that could be added to this list, but these four are perhaps the most demonstrably accurate.
- The Labyrinth. David Bowie as the Goblin Kind was my first and most enduring crush.
- Gaslight. A man marries a woman for alterior motives and then tries (and almost succeeds!) to systematically dive her insane. Also, the only film on my list that isn't intended for children!
- The Last Unicorn. The scene where Molly Grue confronts the unicorn for being absent most of her life still makes me want to cry.
- The Flight of Dragons. This film is entirely responsible for my life-long ob
session with dragons.
Four Places I've Lived:
I've been everywhere, man.
- Morwell, Victoria. About a year ago I went back to visit some family, and discovered that an icecream store that had been there since I was little was STILL THERE. You better believe I bought myself a cone of sweet, sweet nostalgia (ie. rainbow icecream)
- Richmond, New South Wales. Right near a RAAF base. You could actually see the pilots as the planes took off.
- Dawsville, Western Australia. Our home overlooked an estuary and some mornings you could sit on the balcony and watch the dolphins.
- Bonython, Australian Capital Territory. Bogans. As far as the eye can see.
Four TV Shows I Love:
There are dozens, and the top four can vary damatically depending on my mood and circmstnces. Currently I'm addicted to the following.
- Venture Brothers. Best cartoon. Ever!
- The Boondocks. I just finished watching this and wish there was more. What is it about the idea of a 10-year-old leftist revolutionary that tickles me so?
- Home Movies. I can't describe the awesomeness. Just watch it.
- Jonathan Creek. I'm re-watching this with Evan at the moment. This show is made even more entertaining when you watch QI and see what Alan Davies is actually like (ie. A cross between a puppy and an idiot)
Four Places I've Vacationed:
I have not been on a proper holiday in so long. Probably not since I was a kid and our family went to Queensland to go to the theme parks. I DID spend last Christmas with Evan's family and that was pretty cool, but I'm not convinced it counts. I'm currently saving up to go to Hong Kong with my mother for a few days (this will be my first time overseas!)
Four Of My Favorite Dishes:
- Lamb shanks in red wine sauce, served on a bed of mashed potatoes. To long since I've had this!
- Hedgehogs. Meat balls with rice throughout, served on a bed of rice and covered with thick tomato soup.
- Chicken and mushroom risotto. Evan made this last night and I had it cold for lunch today. Yum!
- Chicken curry pie.
Four Sites I Visit Daily
- eBay. This has replaced real-life window-shopping for me...especially seeing there are no interesting stores in Canberra. At all.
- Netbank. I'm obsessed with checking and rechecking my bank accounts to make sure I don't get overdrawn. It still happens on occasion, though.
- Hotmail. Checking my emails is another compulsion, even when I'm not expecting anything in particular.
- Furaffinity. There's some unpleasant and messed up stuff on that site, but my current three favourite artists post there on a (semi)regular basis, and there are a number of othe worthwhile artists besides.
Four things I like to do in my spare time.
- Reading! I read every night, on the weekends, and during lunch time at work. No other hobby brings me as much joy.
- Baking. I do this fairly regularly now, because our kitchen is TINY. I have a massive sweet tooth (sweet-sabertooth?) and there's something satisfying about making my own cakes etc. rather than buying them.
- Craft. Pretty generic term, I know. Lately I've been working on my bead-critters, but I've also been decorating some pillowcases with fabric paint based on an idea I got from an image on Apartment Therapy (http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/boston/do-you-decorate-your-bedroom-around-the-duvet-140906
Spending time with Evan. Just talking, joking around, "hanging out". Being around Evan is, in my opinion, the best possible use of my spare time.
I saw someone do this meme and it seemed kind of fun. I'm interested to hear what other people's "four things" are.